Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Train travel

Today I'm scooting to Massachusetts for an event at my alma mater and I'm taking the train. It's funny: traveling by train is one of my favorite things, even if it extends the length of the journey. It's so relaxing! I think of it as an instant stress-reducer just being able to stare out the window at the changing landscape going by. Sometimes I'll listen to music or read to pass the time, but having the space to just let my mind wander feels like an indulgence. It's like a trip to the spa for my brain.

Speaking of train travel, have you heard of Amtrak's new residency for writers? To me, this is a brilliant idea. Sometimes all you really need to compose your best is a clear head and a place where you can't multi-task. :)

Do you like traveling by train? What do you do to pass the time?

(Image 1, 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment