Monday, May 5, 2014

Cherry Blossoms in Brooklyn

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been closely monitoring this Cherry Blossom map, updated daily by the Brooklyn Botanical Garden. I noticed Friday that the trees lining the Cherry Esplanade had gone from "pre-bloom" to a combination of "pre-" and "peak-bloom." My Saturday plans were made! 

We couldn't have picked a more gorgeous day to visit. It was 70 and sunny with clear blue skies. We timed it to arrive right when the Garden opened, which meant it was a lot less crowded than usual. The Cherry Blossoms were spectacular—and so fragrant. It was so nice wandering around (and checking out the pretty tulips, too!).

Have you been to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden yet this year? If not, now's the time to go: The Cherry Blossoms only bloom for about five weeks!

2 comments:

  1. So nicely bloomed! I went for the festival and it was not as great as it looks here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hil: I swear, it was that calendar of blooms! I checked it every day for weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete