Monday, September 20, 2010

My West Coast Escape: Part Two

As promised, here it is: my California adventure, part deux. For Labor Day weekend, I flew north to San Francisco. After a beautiful (and quick!) flight up the California coast, I arrived to see this: The Golden Gate Bridge. The first day was pea soup fog, but on day two, it burned off. What a sight to see!

On Saturday morning, we left the city fog behind and drove to Napa. Our day of wine tasting began at the Robert Mondavi vineyards.

Next, we checked out the Pride Mountain Vineyards in St. Helena.

Here are a couple shots from inside the caves at Pride during our private tour. The vineyards are 50 percent in Napa and 50 percent in Sonoma, illustrated by the well-marked town line on site. I love the label on this bottle of Merlot, but Pride's best wine was definitely their Cabernet.

We rounded out our weekend with a beautiful art deco-themed wedding in Danville. The setting? The Blackhawk Country Club at sunset. Gorgeous!

Pre-ceremony, the bride and groom provided guests with a few finishing touches. Although I'm pretty sure the fans were for the ladies, Matt couldn't resist.

The bride and groom say, "I do!"

This detail, I loved. How creative are these place cards? One olive please, shaken not stirred! 

And no wedding is complete without a big sparkler send off! Until next time California. Thanks for a lovely visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment